Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cake pops

Yes, a blog entry all about cake pops. Why? Because they took many hours to make. Many. They may be the last cake pops I ever make so I thought it was worth having my photographer husband take some pictures of them. Who knows, maybe I'll frame one of the pics or better yet, just keep one of the pops forever. My friend Kim and I both like the Bakerella website and wanted to do a cute Easter treat for our families so we made these. After many trips to the store, many messes, broken pops, more money spent than we intended, a few profanities (oops) and almost a few tears, here they are. I do think they turned out very cute though. And tomorrow for Easter, my family will eat them. And love them. Happy Easter everyone!



3 comments:

Marshall Family said...

Those are too cute to eat!!! I can only imagine how much work those were but I bet they were yummy! I may have to look into how to do those... but I am not much of a baker so maybe not. :)

the Nielsen's said...

HOlly they are so cute. I seriously saw these on Bakerella and wanted to make them for Abby's bday. I will let you know how it goes. I guess I can say I have been warned about the time and cost of these cute cake pops. Hope you are doing well.

The Rice's said...

There is a girl at work that made some for Halloween and Christmas. She said she literally spends half the day doing them and explained the process. I will never ever try to make these things on my own but they are fun to eat. Yours turned out amazing for it being your first time. Congrats!!