Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Timer

Well here we are, finally joining the rest of the blogging world. At first I didn't really want to do one because I figured most people already know what we're up to, but my sweet little husband made me. He brought it to my attention that there are many family and friends that we don't talk to regularly so I finally saw the light! No, in all honesty, I just don't really know how to blog and don't even know how to upload a picture so this will be a good learning experience with Landon's help! We have so many new and exciting things going on in our lives right now and thought it would be a good time to start sharing them.

First things first, WE'RE PREGNANT!!! We are so excited to be adding to our little family of just us and our sweet dog, Baxter. After being married for five years this past March, we decided it was finally time for kids. We think we are ready to be parents but I'm sure we have no idea what we're in for! We found out I was pregnant on Friday, April 11th, right before going camping to Topaz Mountain with Landon's dad, Marcia and sister, Kadee. We decided not to tell anyone for a while just to be sure everything was okay with the baby first, and that was the hardest thing ever! We were so excited, it was hard to keep it a secret for those first few months! While at Topaz Mountain, we went on a wild dune buggy ride. I thought afterward that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to be bouncing around like that with our new little sweetie on the way!







We had our first Dr.'s appointment on May 27th. It was the most amazing experience ever. We got to hear its heartbeat and also had our first ultrasound. Being able to hear it and see it moving around already made it all very real... we really are having a baby. We finally told all of our family and freinds and they were all so excited, especially all seven future grandparents! We're going to have one spoiled baby, that's for sure! Look how cute our little jellybean baby is already!









One quick, funny story. We thought it would be cute to frame this ultrasound pic and give it to my grandparents to announce our news. My grandma opened it up and turned it around every which way and had NO idea what it was. I told her to give it to my grandpa and asked if he had any guesses. He said it looked like 2 groundhogs! I can't wait to give birth to a sweet baby...groundhog! It was so funny! I know they didn't have ultrasounds back then but I figured out of all my aunts and cousins that have had kids, she would've seen one somewhere along the way!


I have to admit that I have been very lucky. I'm 6 1/2 months along and I haven't been sick at all. Besides heartburn just about every day, (I've gone through at least 2 bottles of Tums now) it's been an easy pregnancy. We're not finding out what we are having and everyone thinks we're so crazy! Not knowing makes it that much more exciting to us, the only problem is having to pick out 2 names, we're having a hard time deciding. The baby is moving like crazy now. Landon loves to put his hand on my belly and feel it kick. He thinks the baby is teasing him though because every time I tell him it's moving, it stops the second he puts his hand on my stomach.



Last Sunday we decided to take some pics of my belly. Landon set up his little makeshift studio and here are a few of the shots. I love them so much! It's so fun having an in-home photographer around all the time!




Another exciting thing going on in our world is our new home. We just built a home in Kaysville and have lived here for about 2 months now. It was a hectic process at the end but we're in now and that's all that matters. We sold our home in Clearfield and Landon's dad and Marcia let us move in with them. We thought we'd only be there for a few weeks and it ended up being almost 2 months! They were so nice about it and said they enjoyed having us there. We appreciate them a lot. We're still trying to furnish and decorate the house and Landon has been working on the yard trying to get it done by the end of fall. Our poor little puppy needs a yard and grass so he can go poop. He has issues with pooping on the dirt...crazy dog. Building a home is a lot of work but it's been exciting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! Holly you sound like an old pro! :-) and this coming from someone who blogged almost every day for four months, lol! I'm so excited for you both and can't wait to see you!!!
love you lots!
Randi A

Josh and Bethany said...

Yeah! You finally got a blog! I love it. LOVE the pictures of your belly. It's so cute. I'm so glad that I can check up on you guys. :) I can't wait to see you guys when we come in November and REALLY can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby.

Poor Baxter, having to potty on dirt. Hurley has the opposite problem, she can poop on pavement.

You trip looked fun and hopefully we'll see more on this blog.

Love,
Josh & Bethany

toyladyterri said...

Hey Landon and Holly! GREAT fun! And nice job Holly for a first-time blogger! Can't wait to see you - SOON! Love, Aunt Terri

Bruce Andersen said...

Hey LandonandHollyfam!

Great to get the update; the blog makes it fun. I keep thinking I should do that in my spare time. What's that?

Can't wait to see you and baby soon. See you at Christmas, or sooner! Who knows?

love,
Uncle Bruce

Josh and Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh and Bethany said...

Holly, I can't believe you were able to ride in that dune buggy, but you couldn't handle the golf cart ride in Catalina Island. I'm offended.

Josh