Wednesday, December 10, 2008

IT'S A BOY!


Yay! Our little boy came into this world on Thursday, December 4th and we couldn’t be happier! I don’t even know what to say right now! He is so wonderful! It all happened so fast actually. I had a Dr’s appt. on Wednesday morning, Dec. 3rd and the Dr. said I was starting to show signs of Toxemia and had high blood pressure. He thought I better get in soon to be induced. We went out and the nurse was on the phone calling the hospital. When she got off, she asked “How does tonight at 7:00 pm sound?” I think Landon and I just about fainted! I wasn’t ready for that so it kinda freaked me out! The next day was going to be my last day of work and I still had a few more things I had wanted to do around the house but we decided we’d better go! We went in and stayed overnight and they gave me some meds and then the next morning I was induced. I was so nervous to go in. You always hear labor stories and this time it was really my turn to experience it!

The next morning they gave me the Patocin and by 1:00 pm I was at a 10. The Dr. was in surgery at another hospital though so they stopped the Patocin and I had to wait for an hour until he got there. I didn’t mind though, thanks to the epidural! When he finally arrived, it only took 15-2o minutes and our baby was here! It was the neatest moment ever to hear Landon tell me that it's a boy! I was so excited to finally meet the little sweetie I had waited 9 months for! He was 6 lbs, 9 oz and 19.5 in. long. His name is Stockton LaMar Smith. LaMar is Landon’s grandpa’s name, and Landon’s middle name too so I love the special meaning behind it. I can’t believe how much I love him, he is only 6 days old and I already don‘t know what I did without him!


Proud New Parents!



First Car Ride!


Big Brother Baxter

7 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Hey I found ya guys! Hope the baby is doing good! He is so adorable! Hope to see you guys soon. Luv ya, Angie

The Johnsons said...

Hey did you know your Dad and Marcia have a blog? Find it from my page! Luvs

Kim Francom said...

I love your post! You inspire me to want it to be a surprise when the day comes when we are going to have a baby. Stockton is such a sweet heart and even cuter in person (if that's possible). I love the pic of Bax... he seems so curious.

Jill said...

Holly, I don't know if you remember us but we were in your old ward in Clearfield. I just wanted to say congrats! Stockton is BEAUTIFUL! I'm jealous you already have him. I still have 2 and a half months til our little guy is supposed to come. I love your story! How is Baxter with him? We have a beagle too and I'm a little worried he'll be jealous. Anyway, Congratulations again! If you need anything let me know!

The Rice's said...

Congrats!! I was so excited to hear that you had a little boy. I said that from the beginning! :) I am so glad to hear that things went well for you in your delivery, isn't the epidural just amazing!? Make sure you stay in touch and you have to bring him in to show him off when I am back to work.

the Nielsen's said...

Holly, YOu look amazing in those pics. STockton is so cute. Congrats. Enjoy your maternity leave. I miss our daily chats. I have been thinking of you. I know your birthday is coming up soon, just in case, Happy Birthday cute girl.

Josh and Bethany said...

The pictures are so cute! I'm just glad that we got to see him in real life, and not have to rely on pictures alone.