So we just got back from Washington D.C and had a way fun time. We went with my dad, my brother, sister and their spouses & kids. I was a little worried about how this trip would be with a 6 month old, but I have to say he did great. Besides a couple of dinners where he was grumpy, he was a really good boy. He was even a sweetie on the plane rides and slept through all the nights in the hotel room. I had such a fun time being with my family. I will miss seeing everyone every day and will miss hearing my little nephew Andrew constantly ask "Where is baby Stop-ton?!" He had to know at all times the status of Stockton, it was so cute!
Stockton's 1st plane ride
I propped him up when we were landing, he loved staring out the window!
Cousin Andrew and Stockton were stroller buds. I think Stockton would burn that thing if he could! He spent lots of time in it!
The rest of the time was spent with daddy in the Snugli

Or with mama in the wrap

We packed so much sight seeing into our week. We walked about a million miles and traveled a ton on the subway too. We found out quickly that the subway doors close after a very short amount of time so you better hurry and get on/off or you'll get shut in the door (yah, I found out the hard way)! Here are a few pictures of the many things we did...
Washington monument
In front of the Lincoln memorial
Good ol' Abe! 
Finding names on the wall of some of my dad's friends from the Vietnam War

Stockton loving the Air & Space museum :o)

Some scary thing at the museum of Natural History
Not too impressed with the ruby slippers at the museum of American History. Just a bunch of sequins glued to a high heel, LOL!
Love her or hate her, I was so excited to see the office door of Nancy Pelosi in our tour of the Capitol since you hear so much about her on the news! I'm lame, I know!
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue! We couldn't take cameras on our tour of the White House but it was so amazing! I yelled "HI OBAMA" at the top of my lungs and hoped that he would hear me. Just kidding...that would've been a quick way to get tackled by security! 
We also went to the Holocaust museum (luckily we were there the day before the shooting occured), Mt. Vernon where George Washington's house and tomb are, Arlington Cemetary where we saw the changing of the guards and the eternal flame at the grave of JFK. It was an amazing trip and so much history that my brain couldn't hold all of it in! Thanks to my awesome family for a great trip! LOVE YA!!!
2 comments:
Wow! Looks like you guys had an awesome trip.
Stockton is already the little traveler.
How fun! Looks like Stockton did really well on his first major vacation! I am very nervous to travel with Addison! LOL. I would love to see D.C!
Post a Comment